Important: Download information
To get the lastest release version of AIUR, please click here.
To get the lastest commited code, please click either on the .tar.gz or .zip folder image above. Warning: The current code on the master branch can be unstable!
AIUR (Artificial Intelligence Using Randomness) is an AI for StarCraft: Brood War.
The main idea is to be unpredictable by making some stochastic choices. The AI starts a game with a "mood" randomly picked up among 5 moods, dictating some behaviors (aggressive, fast expand, macro-game, ...). In addition, some other choices (productions, timing attacks, early aggressions, ...) are also taken under random conditions.
Learning is an essential part of AIUR. For this, it uses persistent I/O files system to record which moods are efficient against a given opponent, in order to modify the probability distribution for the mood selection.
What's new since AIIDE/CIG 2013 (AIUR 2.1)?
- New mood selection policy: AIUR uses now an epsilon-greedy algorithm.
- New old mood: The DefensiveMood is selectable again at the beginning of a game (was disabled since AIUR v2.0). AIUR has thus 6 selectable starting moods.
- Rush mood changed into a rush DT.
- Implement an off-line learning feature: You can now train AIUR against a given opponent and use that learning for further games, like during tournaments.
- Improve the Cannon rush pathfinding.
- Santiago Ontañón, Gabriel Synnaeve, Alberto Uriarte, Florian Richoux, David Churchill and Mike Preuss. A Survey of Real-Time Strategy Game AI Research and Competition in StarCraft, Transactions on Computational Intelligence and AI in Games, IEEE, 2013.
Competitions and ladders
AIUR participates to annual AIIDE and CIG tournaments since 2011, and is currently running on krasi0's Broodwar bot ladder and on the Student StarCraft AI Tournament.
- AIIDE 2014: coming soon
- CIG 2014: coming soon
- AIIDE 2013: 3rd
- CIG 2013 (no I/O systems): 3rd
- AIIDE 2012: 2nd
- CIG 2012 (no I/O systems): 3rd
(no I/O systems in 2011)
- AIIDE 2011: 3rd
- CIG 2011: 5th
Contact: florian -dot- richoux -at- univ -dash- nantes -dot- fr