To get the lastest release version of AIUR, please click here.
To get the lastest commited code, please click either on the .tar.gz or .zip folder image above. Warning: The current code on the master branch can be unstable!
AIUR (Artificial Intelligence Using Randomness) is an AI for StarCraft: Brood War.
The main idea is to be unpredictable by making some stochastic choices. The AI starts a game with a "mood" randomly picked up among 5 moods, dictating some behaviors (aggressive, fast expand, macro-game, ...). In addition, some other choices (productions, timing attacks, early aggressions, ...) are also taken under random conditions.
Learning is an essential part of AIUR. For this, it uses persistent I/O files system to record which moods are efficient against a given opponent, in order to modify the probability distribution for the mood selection.
- New mood selection policy: AIUR uses now an epsilon-greedy algorithm.
- New old mood: The DefensiveMood is selectable again at the beginning of a game (was disabled since AIUR v2.0). AIUR has thus 6 selectable starting moods.
- Rush mood changed into a rush DT.
- Implement an off-line learning feature: You can now train AIUR against a given opponent and use that learning for further games, like during tournaments.
- Improve the Cannon rush pathfinding.
- Santiago Ontañón, Gabriel Synnaeve, Alberto Uriarte, Florian Richoux, David Churchill and Mike Preuss. A Survey of Real-Time Strategy Game AI Research and Competition in StarCraft, Transactions on Computational Intelligence and AI in Games, IEEE, 2013.
(no I/O systems in 2011)
Contact: florian -dot- richoux -at- univ -dash- nantes -dot- fr
The first and so far the only demo of AIUR
Two games against Bakuryu. Unfortunately, AIUR chose some cheese/daring strategies, so these games are not regular macro-games.